BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

Respectfully @Crocodile2017 I certainly didn't take the drop on...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    Respectfully @Crocodile2017 I certainly didn't take the drop on Friday as a nothing to see here. I spent hours upon hours researching all of the points raised in the AFR article. I approached my research from an unbiased position as I certainly don't want to lose money. I was able to find answers to most of the questions asked. The announcement on Monday morning confirmed my findings and answered the questions that I could not and put me at ease.

Every time someone has raised an issue on these threads I have gone back to the drawing board and searched some more. I'm done with these issues now as I believe it has been clarified by the company and the research I conducted.

With the article yesterday questioning the existence of the 2013 report which was easy to locate on the ASIC website I am now of the opinion that the journalist didn't put the same amount of time researching the content of his article as I did.

I would say that FC Capital partnering with BIG allowed them the opportunity to purchase the shares as stated by the company. Many other partners also purchased options. The company has comfirmed that the agreement is commercial and at arms length and I am yet to see any questions being asked of the company by the ASX. It certainly can be made to look bad e.g. shares to fund loans however the shares were purchased and the value at the time was quite low, given the rapid rise in the share price the value of the shares now aids the suspicousness of the issuance. Again this does not mean that there is a problem here.

The drop in the share price obviously means that the company didn't do everything perfectly as it was easy to rock quite a few long term holders. Does poor execution equal breaching the ASX rules? Imo it does not and due to the lack of questioning by the ASX it supports my opinion.

The company and shareholders have suffered from the poor execution of this arrangement. There is a lesson here and as statsd in the announcement yesterday regarding the appointment of a corporate governance expert I do not think an issue like this will arise in the future.

Happy for the debate to rage on however I am yet to see any new concerns being raised. I'll continue to hold my position until the fundamentals of the business change.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.