AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

"Agree if I was African I'd do the exact same thing, has totally...

1. yqx
    24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    "Agree if I was African I'd do the exact same thing, has totally enough of the west and more so the Africans need to rid themselves of the greed Chinese too, with these projects they can go it alone and reap 100% benefits for themselves and rightly so"
    -------------------------
    i'm not so sure if "Africans" could pull it off by themselves....maybe they could but it would be very hard and take them forever not to mention the level of corruption that would go with a project the size of manono...i know there are state owned mines in the drc but still....

see that happened in south africa
    south africa used to be the bread basket of entire africa - white farmers, on the whole, had been doing a great job looking after their farms, they knew a lot about farming, passed those farms from one generation to the next, had good crops, employed non-white workers and treated them well, everything worked just fine until the "africans" decided to get rid off of these "bad white westerners" and take over their land.

but they didn't know how to manage these farms, how to look after soil, rotate crops, didn't have know-how and long tradition of efficient farming, etc.

a few years down the track south africa was no longer the bread basket of africa and, moreover, could not provide enough food for themselves let alone other nations in africa....those farms look like $hit these days, just a waste land.

back to mining....let's not forget that western companies are disadvantaged in africa when competing for contracts - it is illegal for them to throw brown paper bags left, right and centre....and bribery in africa is treated like something very normal and expected, just a way of getting things done which the chinese don't mind at all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.