CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

afr: cudeo lawsuit puts the heat on hotcopper, page-9

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    I'm happy to paraphrase and keep the article faithful. No copyright infirngement. As I've said previously, Business Spectator, the online trading forums, and eeryone else refers to articles in the AFR.

Headline as per thread headline.

Legal battle akin to foxhunting- "the unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible".

60% off CDU, WM declares war on the often raucous HC.

On Monday, WC informed market of legal action against HC and two unnamed members. This ANN has an immediate chilling effect on not only HC, but also on TS and SS (NB unable to mention these share discussion comapnies on HC or it is seen by the auto-editor as vulgar).

This [silencing] could have saved blushed on Wed when the JORC was released, seeming smaller than in 2006. The "online modesty" did not save CDU's SP, which fell 55%, wiping off $400m from market value.

This online legal action is not new. Article then refers to Datamotion's action against HC member.

What has online forums worried is the pursuit of HC as well as members. TS founder, John christian, says he doesn;t see how a forum provider can be charged with defamation. He uses the analogies of it being like Telstra being sued if someone stalks someone else, or suing a gun manufacturer if someone shoots you.

HC suspended all posts, and opened CDU discussion after purging all previous posts. CDU's ANN did not say what posts were objectionable or identify the posters. Speculation ewas rife, and Peter Pknhd said if it was him, he would vigorously defend it and no comment.

Any court case can unmask not only the sued identities, but also other colourful characters on HC of past years who made HC CDU a wild forum. These include a fiercely loyal supporter of CDU who was subsequently hired by CDU, and "gorilla", who claimed to live on the GC and "to have special insights into McCrae's thinking". Another poster who always pointed out CDU ANN's quickly, was pictured with her husband arm in arm with McCrae.

Question of whether McCrae is thin-skinned. He once said brokers who were skeptical of his grand claims has "torticles smaller than ants" (I can't say that word either). He put a photo of ants in the Annual Report in ase anyone missed the subtle msg.

"It's a way he has with critics".

THE END. Cheapskates, you owe me $3, which is what the paper Acopy of the FR would have cost you :P

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.