STS 0.00% 72.0¢ srg limited

Many of the biggest players in the property industry are sitting...

1. 225 Posts.
    Many of the biggest players in the property industry are sitting tight waiting for someone else to make a move. I'm talking about the AMPs etc who control large portfolios. There's plenty of commercial stock either on the market or about to come onto the market as highly leveraged funds seek to reduce their debt exposure. IMHO when we see big, financially sound players like Stockland start to buy up and sign off on developments we will know we are close to the bottom of this downturn. Australia's superann reserves keep getting bigger and this money needs a home - at some point the buyers will emerge and developers will follow.

Veecat I agree STS are well placed to handle this situation but don't be surprised if we see demand for their services from the commercial and retail property sectors tail off for a while. On the plus side huge amounts of money will be poured into infrastructure over the next decade and this is where STS has the greatest opportunity IMHO. I believe also that the aged care sector holds allot of promise. I still expect STS will be struggling to keep their best staff, particularly their younger staff, in the face of stiff competition from Dubai and increasingly China.

Just my opinion, not investment bible! DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.