GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Very true, especially if you bought a TERM DEPOSIT. GSW...

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    Very true, especially if you bought a TERM DEPOSIT.

GSW "invested" the cash in a $60 million Term Deposit. You know - the banks pay higher interest on a Term Deposit than leaving cash in a chequing account. Would you leave $60 million in YOUR chequing account, earning nothing? GSW will get their principal back in 30 60 or 90 days and because it is not Cash available TODAY, the accounting fraternity, of which I have been a member for 40 years, says they have made an investment. Now if the market thinks there is a risk the Australian Banks, backed by the Australian Government, will not pay back the Term Deposit as agreed, then I would beg to differ.

I meant to add a little bio on Viacom, from whence came Bane (GSW Co-Founder) and his esteemed lawyer mate who joined the Board in Apr-18.

Viacom Inc. is an American multinational media conglomerate with interests primarily in film and television. It is currently the world's ninth largest broadcasting, cable, and media company in terms of revenue, and has headquarters in New York City. Voting control of Viacom is held by National Amusements, Inc., a privately owned theater company controlled by billionaire Sumner Redstone, who also holds a controlling stake in CBS Corporation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.