GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Really surprised yet again (not really) at the quality of...

1. 591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 444
    Really surprised yet again (not really) at the quality of reporting in the AFR. Though this time in GSW favour, in my view it is no more accurate.

The main thesis of the article being that only 2% have signed up and hence 2mill in damages. Being that class actions (depending on the eventual winner) are opt out, claiming 2% without some qualifying statement about the opt out process seems misleading in my opinion.

There are truths to the article in that it is a low representation given the mountains of free publicity the CA's received through the FBR "investigation", and while I do agree the CA's have an unusually low level of interest given the circumstances. The article an hardly be seen as being an accurate representation of the facts without addressing the opt out.

Though unsurprisingly, there has been a near 20% rise in the SP on the back of the article, which revealed no more than a casual reading of this HC forum. It does however, put into stark focus the SP reaction to the initial set of articles, which were (in my opinion) littered with similar inaccurate portrayal of the facts, or as Bane himself stated "yellow journalism".

I also missed my entry point by a day...

ALL merely my honest opinion, DYOR

MJ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.