African Australians, page-198

1. 2,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3539/3539711-5a66075032ece6f6de5b029ba3fb0e7f.jpg
    When I moved to West Africa my first and most lasting impression was that it was like living in a rubbish dump. According to the person living opposite this riverside location in local area of suburban Melbourne, people of Sudanese appearance deposited this pile, and more in adjacent the river, perhaps to feed the endangered platypus's.

By far most African immigrants do not behave in this way, and they are not the only ones who litte. But there are a number of more serious criminal and civil issues such as prostitution, drug dealing and domestic violence that, unfortunately, stand out. All above from personal experience.

i have many African-born friends and many make excellent contribution, fine church-going, family and community-oriented citizens.

i don't have easy solution, but we need to be able to discuss problems honestly, respectfully and with compassion

A civil war creates a different set of priorities for living, but we do not want to import such strife here, or people will harden their hearts.

These scenes do not replicate often inside the goats- cheese circle, except in the common areas of public housing blocks.

Driving has become more dangerous, and as in West Africa, diy car repairs and regulation-optional vehicle ownership are dominant.

Third party property damage insurance needs to be made compulsory.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.