There is a Sudanese refuge family down the road from us , plus a...

1. 33,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1661
    There is a Sudanese refuge family down the road from us , plus a Black south African family both seem to be integrating well with the community , children of both families are excelling at track and field events at school and the Sudanese father is working in an engineering shop , and wanted to work for me also mainly for the free knowledge it seems (but he had no welding/fabrication skills and I do not have enough work for him anyway ).
    Yes just anecdotal as I am only aware of a couple of Sudanese families , but the ones I know seem to want to better themselves more than most around here , but is it not also anecdotal that these street fighting groups may not be representative of the average Sudanese person ?

Personally though I am not in favor of refuges coming from Sudan , as it seems they are brain draining their best and brightest in them immigrating when they would be better off staying in Sudan and repairing their country . It also costs around $150K to Australia per family to integrate them here , that 150K would build many schools in Sudan .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.