CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

Hi , from another SEM article 2 weeks ago the local manager's...

1. 1,943 Posts.
    Hi , from another SEM article 2 weeks ago the local manager's "reply" to that NGO's attack on Timis. He lists all AML's achievements including

http://www.sierraexpressmedia.com/archives/13445

" In his tireless belief, in proving that SL would once more regain its prominence and importance, Frank Timis spent 10s of millions of his personal money to conduct the 1st HRAM survey, searching for various minerals, but only discovered the Tonkolili deposit "

" AML's future plan is to establish the first School of Mine in sierra Leone and also improve the Geology department of the University "

and i remember somewhere else reading that Timis handed over to SL govt the HRAM results plus others and i think he funded another survey and gave to SL University or Geology/Mines department for public use.
    CFE no doubt had access but probably also London Mining and both the Marampa miners have had "extensions" lately as well as AML's Tonkolili bigger extension.
    Just north of Tonkolili is the big hydro dam at Bumbuna which Timis has been funding stage 2 or 3 , so maybe that's what the SEM reporter means by "new dam".
    It already supplies the capital Freetown with electricity but the local towns miss out ( most don't have power poles or lines yet ) and now the Tonkolili project is getting hooked up before them.

Pinnacle's lignite deposits near the coast and Pepel and Tagrin (when built starting next year) ports for export. I think an Indian company most likely interested but a local brown coal power station near Freetown ( and all the city based NGO's screaammmmming global warming and Greenpeace etc etc ) maybe not. So Pinnacle's Kakuna iron ore and the Guinea deposit looks the go. They also have (or did 2-3 years ago) a mid sized tenement for Gold & Diamonds in south east "outback" SL but i can never find any other info on that one.

The Liberians were "airlifted" in the other day for a tour of AML's projects. Thanks Frank :) African Petroleum has a SL oil lease dispute with another oil/gas company. The former Liberian Bank Gov's remark " We hope they will follow the good step of African Minerals " knowing they both run by Timis is probably refering to all Timis's good social programs ( see that SEM article 13445 above ) and especially he is getting the mining work done. The Liberian President Ms Ellen Sirleaf gave a speach the other day at UN and ( positively) refers to mining & oil development. She and SL President are centre-right govt and both countries have elections next year and both are favourities to win. They are also "in" with Mr Obama and he has been encouraging American investment in both countries. This from Obama at UN Development Summit - Wed 22nd September

"This brings me to the third pillar of our new approach. To unleash transformational change, we're putting a new emphasis on the most powerful force the world has ever known for eradicating poverty and creating opportunity. It's the force that turned South Korea from a recipient of aid to a donor of aid. It's the force that has raised living standards from Brazil to India. And it's the force that has allowed emerging African countries like Ethiopia, Malawi and Mozambique to defy the odds and make real progress toward achieving the Millennium Development Goals, even as some of their neighbors-like Cote d'Ivoire-have lagged behind.

The force I'm speaking of is broad-based economic growth. Now, every nation will pursue its own path to prosperity. But decades of experience tell us that there are certain ingredients upon which sustainable growth and lasting development depends.

We know that countries are more likely to prosper when they encourage entrepreneurship; when they invest in their infrastructure; and when they expand trade and welcome investment. So we will partner with countries like Sierra Leone to create business environments that attract investment, not scare it away. We'll work to break down barriers to regional trade and urge nations to open their markets to developing countries."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.