MGO 0.00% 14.0¢ marengo mining limited

The meeting attendees,were almost entirely from the corporate...

1. 27,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    The meeting attendees,were almost entirely from the corporate "elite".
    Retiring directors,accountants auditors ect.
    Apart from myself there were two other "retail investors",only that I was aware of.
    One of whom is a hotcopper user,the other was not aware of hotcopper,but is now.
    I thank you both for your input.

Firstly I suggested to Dean that why doesnt some one from the board post on hotcopper,just for us retail investors.
    I said that we were been given lip service only.
    The main reason according to Dean for the delay is that the DFS is not only been JORC'd.
    But concurrently it is also been Canadianised to NS401-101.
    I suggested that this was rubbish.
    The Canadian standard is superior to ours,and as were going to move there anyway,why didnt we just go with theirs?,thus saving time.

I gave Dean a company on the ASX using a Russian study document to further advance a project.

MSR
    TEO report (Russian Interpretation for Technical and Economic Justification Study) (page 3)

http://www.manasresources.com/aurora/assets/user_content/MSR_June%202012_Quarterly_Report.pdf

I may have used the report as a DFS report,for which I apologise openly,but the crux of the matter is ,it would appear,were not hamstrung by rigid documention,unless we want to be.
    I further asked Dean if it was Soros manipulating the SP,he said no it definately wasnt Soros.
    I replied,so youve been looking,he said yes,I responded,it can only be the Canadians then.
    He didnt agree with that proposition.
    I said its the only option left that makes sense.
    I also told Dean that IMHO the PNG government delay in coming on board was a concern.
    I dont know if I hadnt asked about the DFS from the floor of the meeting if it would have been brought up.
    I openly voted against the remuneration report,particularly the performance shares,based on there being no DFS.
    From scottpev postnumber#8762798
    PERTH (miningweekly.com) – The Australian bourse has received regulatory approval to introduce new listing rules enhancing the disclosure of reserves and resources by mining and oil and gas companies.

The new reporting requirements were part of a series of initiatives that would modernise the country’s equity capital markets, CEO and MD Elmer Funke Kupper said on Friday.

The new rules were a culmination of two rounds of consultation with listed mining and oil and gas companies, the Joint Ore Reserves Committee (Jorc), industry and investor groups, as well as the professionals responsible for estimating reserves and resources, and the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
    “The new rules are one of many new ASX initiatives aimed at ensuring that the Australian market remains globally competitive and attractive to companies and investors,” said Kupper.

The new rules would require mining companies to report in accordance with the Jorc Code with new requirements for the disclosure of additional information when exploration results, estimates and ore reserves, as well as production targets were disclosed.

For oil and gas companies, the new rules required them to report in accordance with the Society of Petroleum Engineers - Petroleum Resources Management system, as well as new requirements for the disclosure of resource and reserve estimates.

The new rules also required, from both mining and oil and gas companies, a yearly mineral resource and ore reserve statement in the annual report.

Kupper said ASX-listed mining and oil and gas companies would now be provided with a 12-month transition period, with the new rules coming into effect on December 1, 2013.
    Edited by: Mariaan Webb
    Should Mark be worried?

Raider

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.