After Amy

1. 980 Posts.
    My understanding is that the Senate will vote on ACB be the end of October, roughly around Halloween.

This is perfectly timed from a political perspective as many potential Democrat voters will be demoralised and not bother voting.

Additionally, the usual rioting, looting, burning of buildings, disruption of traffic etc can be expected and that should make conservatives all the more determined to get out and vote.

After Trump wins, as he is sure to do, I am tipping that sometime in the first two years Justice Clarence Thomas will retire giving Trump a fourth Supreme Court appointment.

I am highly confident of the above. The subsequent is more unlikely but worth investigating.

Breyer is 79 and I think can last another 4 years but what if Trump is followed by another Republican president? What then?

Finally, Sotomayor, who was appointed by Obama, is young but suffers from diabetes and apparently has lost a part of one of her feet due to to the diabetes. She'd be receiving the best possible health care and probably can last another 12 years but you never know.

p.s. Roberts has always confused people because, despite being appointed by Bush, he seems to vote the way the Democrats want.
    Last edited by Convivial: 27/09/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.