CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

Every very positive ann is followed by a flurry of activity and...

1. 2,988 Posts.
    Every very positive ann is followed by a flurry of activity and almost always an overshoot followed by a fall back (largely traders taking short-term profits). Even if I really like a company I usually follow up any frenzy with a 10% trailing stop-loss, and if it looks to be topping out and turning then sell before it falls back to the stop-loss. Once it really turns down then 90% of the time you will be able to get it back cheaper by waiting a day or two, at which time if you really like the stock you will have the money from selling at the peak to buy a bigger slice.

I used to think like that - but now realise that the company doesn't love you back - be mercenary and take profits immediately. If it doesn't subsequently fall back, then buy something else instead, there are so many amazing bargains in the emerging oil producers at the moment it is no great loss if you sell CNP at a dollar and can't get back in cheaper - I would put any quick profits into TDO, INP, CVN, SAE, SEA, or IPM personally.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.