Thanks @shovel40, @Fiji1 and morning crew. Half-time wrap: The...

1. 14,762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks @shovel40, @Fiji1 and morning crew.

Half-time wrap:

The share market's winning run rolled on this morning as investors bet Wall Street can build on its best weekly performance of 2024.

The ASX 200 overcame mild early pressure to reach mid-session nine points or 0.11% ahead. The market was adding to a six-day win run that mirrored the fast-improving mood on Wall Street as solid economic data soothed US recession doubts and inflation continued to cool.

Last week's pell-mell rally on Wall Street slowed on Friday. The S&P 500 edged up 0.2% for a weekly gain of 3.9%, the index's best weekly return since November.

Personal trading: Challenging morning thanks to the latest CommSec/Iress Viewpoint nonsense. The more they work on it, the worse it gets. Tried three browsers this morning and none worked for more than a few minutes before declaring the Iress plug-in was not responding. Able to trade using my other broker, but I rely on CommSec to "see" the market, so I felt like I was flying blind. Lost on a retrace in EMN that kept going. Also took AUK, BPH and CTM on pullback.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.