Afternoon trading January 20, page-20

1. 12,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1356
    look who’s back from the dead!

ECLIPSE METALS (ASX:EPM)

(Up on no news)

The Greenland-focused critical minerals explorer dual-listed on the Frankfurt Stock exchange earlier this month, giving it easier access to European and Scandinavian capital markets.

The Frankfurt Stock Exchange is the largest of Germany’s trading exchanges and the second largest stock exchange in Europe.

“Eclipse Metals has attracted considerable interest from investors outside Australia and in particular Scandinavian regions where there is an awareness of the company’s projects,” exec chair Carl Popal says.

“Greenland hosts a quarter of the world’s rare earth minerals in a favourable mining jurisdiction, and we expect increased interest from European investors, stakeholders and OEMs as project development work continues.”

The former NT uranium play changed focus – and location – buying “the world’s largest and only” cryolite mine in Greenland in January last year.

Just feast your eyes on this beautiful landscape:

Over 120 years between 1865 and 1985, the Ivittuut mine produced 3.8 million tonnes of high-grade cryolite, a rare mineral proven to reduce energy consumption in aluminium production.

Aluminium smelters use a huge amount of power as they run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Tomago smelter, for example, uses about 10 per cent of NSW’s total power supply each year.

The mothballed mine also contains rare earths (REE) and base metals.

There’s also lithium potential, and an additional REE target 10km away called ‘Gronnedal-lka’, which has not been properly tested.

Eclipse recently completed a maiden percussion drilling and trench sampling program across the Ivigtût and Grønnedal targets, with results due in the current quarter.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.