Afternoon trading July 28

1. 14,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6

Thanks @shovel40, @Fiji1 and morning crew.

Half-time wrap:

A positive week for Australian shares lost some of its shine after the Dow's historic win run came to an end overnight.

The ASX 200 sagged 73 points or 1% as 10 of 11 sectors declined. The setback trimmed the Australian benchmark's tally for the week to 69 points or around 0.9%.

Of the sectors, only energy resisted the receding tide, gaining 0.1% following a fresh three-month high in crude prices. Gold miners, property stocks and small caps were among the morning's worst performers.

The Dow's spectacular win streak ended at 13 overnight, the longest string of advances since 1987. A 0.67% decline denied the blue-chip average its best run since Queen Victoria was on the throne.

Personal trading: CLG behaved exactly the way I hoped it would, offering a nice bounce profit off the low. COB, on the other hand, has yet to exhibit any hint of a rebound, partial or otherwise. Tracked PPT all the way down and still missed the bounce. Constantly refining my entry signals for these sell-offs. Another 20 years and I reckon I'll have a formula.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.