Thanks for clarifying @Jnnl. Your responses always provide good...

1. 585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Thanks for clarifying @Jnnl. Your responses always provide good insights.

Just by way of explanation, my wondering whether the "3" red candle should be captive within the Trading Range (TR) - or in other words, would define the ceiling of the TR - was indeed because of its volume. I still have to sharpen my understanding of how the floor and ceiling of the Wyckoff TR are precisely determined. I think I could pick up another 20% of trades if I get this aspect right. (Just for the benefit of others reading, appropriately identifying the TR ceiling - here, whether at the 9.2 or 9.3 price level - informs whether BreakOut (BO) at the right hand side of the chart has technically occurred. Although in the case of this chart, perhaps the precise level of the TR ceiling is moot given that - so far - there hasn't been any push-through volume.)

Apropos of nothing, here are different visualisations of the same chart. I created these merely to see whether different candles/tick styles might better assist me identify the TR and BO's (and also Wyckoff "upthrusts"). What I took out of this little experiment is that for me, the first (candle "3") BO is somewhat easier to detect using Bars or Heiken Ashi. [Note: I manually drew the ZigZags - they are not calculated]

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2196/2196438-bbfdf59815ebf97399a1e086040c51d5.jpg

Tagging other Wyckovians that may have some interest in this topic: @Jako8557, @Cabbie, @shovel40, @mirren

For those following at home: link to my follow up request to Jnnl's original post

The Wyckoff schematic is shown in this article.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.