Afternoon trading March 2

1. 14,501 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6

Thanks @demoniaco and morning crew.

Half-time round-up:

Please click here: "ASX Today: Nine-month low as blood flows"

Personal trading: Firstly and most importantly, I hope everyone out there is all right. These are abnormal times and sudden and dramatic plunges like this have real-world effects on wealth and mental well-being. Just as a rising market makes everyone an investment genius, a falling market makes most of us look like mugs. If this is your first experience of a market correction, try not to look away, no matter how tempting it is to switch off the computer. The market is offering a crash course right now and the lessons on offer can transform your future wealth. Watch how quickly buy queues dry up at the speculative end. There are a lot of recent emperors out there with no clothes on. Trading specs is riskier when volumes dry up, so be careful of getting caught in a zombie stock. There will be a lot more of those if this continues. Short-selling is one way to go. However, there are long opportunities each day in this sort of market with patience and experience. For example, two I traded today offered good profit opportunities from shortly after the open: SLR and PRU, two oversold goldies with good volumes. (And by oversold, I mean at the open, not necessarily from a long-term investment view.) They opened so deep in the red that the downside was minimal. In other words, the risk: reward ratio was favourable. Those are the sorts of trades that can be rewarding in this sort of market. Once the dust settled, I also looked for pips from AUT and EDE. You don't have to trade right now, but you should be learning.

Last edited by highlandlad: 02/03/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.