Thanks Oscar and morning crew. Apologies again for yesterday's...

1. 14,398 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks Oscar and morning crew. Apologies again for yesterday's no-show. My seven-year-old took me aside this morning and gave me a good talking to about my behaviour and his expectations for my future conduct. He laid down some parameters. I promised to knuckle down and try harder. We're good.

Half-time round-up:

The share market started the week with a bang, snapping a four-session losing run and recouping most of last week's losses.

The ASX 200 rebounded 78 points or 1.3% to 5973 as investors moved on from last week's trade-war concerns and looked ahead to this afternoon's Reserve Bank rate announcement. A broad rally lifted all sectors, bookended by metals & mining +2.3% at the fore and consumer staples +0.6% at the rear. Notable gains included energy +2.2%, utilities +1.7% and financials +1%.

The gains followed a strong reversal session on Wall Street overnight, where the S&P 500 put on 1.1% after President Trump seemed to cede ground on threats to introduce tariffs on steel and aluminium. S&P 500 futures were recently up four points or 0.15%.

China's Shanghai Composite advanced 0.13%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng 1.5% and Japan's Nikkei 2.26%.

Crude oil futures added 16 cents or 0.26% this morning to US$62.73 a barrel. Gold futures gained $3.50 or 0.27% to US$1,323.50 an ounce. The dollar was buying 77.89 US cents.

Trading: good opportunities this morning in PAB and BD1. Held off on the former too long and missed the bounce. Got a couple of pips out of BD1, but should have delayed my exit. Also took GMN at the low for a slower gain.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.