Thanks @shovel40, @Fiji1 and morning crew. Half-time wrap: The...

1. 14,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks @shovel40, @Fiji1 and morning crew.

Half-time wrap:

The share market pushed towards a second straight gain and a positive end to a choppy week after US stocks were boosted by signs that the next interest rate move will be a cut.

The ASX 200 climbed 51 points or 0.67% by the halfway mark. The index was on track for its fourth gain in five sessions.

A second day of falling bond yields helped rate-sensitive sectors. Real estate investment trusts bounced 2.1%. Tech gained 1.42%. Consumer stocks, energy producers and supermarkets were also notable gainers as all 11 sectors advanced.

Wall Street rallied overnight as investors took heart from Federal Reserve Chair Powell's comments the previous night that another rate hike was "unlikely". The S&P 500 climbed 0.91% to its first gain in three sessions.

Personal trading: Well, I would have had a better week if I'd just done the opposite of everything I did. Exited SGC for brokerage this morning when holding a little longer would have given a profit. Experimented with a new/old entry method on QBE and was stopped out almost instantly. Only profitable trade was CYM. Sometimes I resent the weekends as an interruption to trading. Not this weekend. Sooner the better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.