Afternoon trading October 13

1. 14,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks @shovel40, @Fiji1, @Patterns and morning crew.

Half-time wrap:

Aussie shares retreated for the first time in seven sessions after evidence of sticky US inflation revived fears that interest rates will stay high for longer.

The ASX 200 briefly shed as much as 74 points before more than halving its loss to 27 points or 0.38%.

The healthcare sector led the partial reversal after falling to a post-Covid low in early trade. The sector was lately up 0.67% as CSL and ResMed rebounded. Newcrest, BHP and Macquarie Group were also trading higher. Property stocks, industrials and banks were among the biggest drags.

Wall Street's four-session win streak ended overnight after disappointing consumer inflation data triggered a sharp sell-off on bond markets. The S&P 500 gave up 0.62%.

Personal trading: I have a proprietary indicator to assess the vigour of the market: it's the time of the morning it feels safe to make coffee. During a busy session, that might be as late as 11.30. On a slow day like today I'm at the kettle inside the first half hour. Which is another way of saying I got nothing. Considered RMD but failed to pull the trigger - bad miss at obvious support.
    Last edited by highlandlad: 13/10/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.