APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Afterpay. Caught between a rock and a hard place, page-4

1. 161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    Respectfully have to disagree on some points here @casajack and disagree entirely on @BOT comments in the earlier post.

@BOT Visa / Mastercard have already dipped their toes in the BNPL water through partnerships and have not suceeded. Given that was a baseless comment, people could be forgiven for not reading further... I'd probably also argue that the other big banks can sit back and watch how CBA performs before throwing money at their own BNPL product. I'm also unsure where the comment re "increased regulation" is coming from. IMO this is a flat out lie.

@casajack I understand where you're coming from re increased competition leading to cannabilisation, however I'd argue that the vast majority of the minor BNPL provider's (ZIP / CBA / etc) customers are already customers with APT. I don't think it would make sense to take over these competitors, rather just let these competitors naturally close down. Unless there was a dying need to take that share, which I don't believe is the case.

Definitely agree that banks are trying to recoup lost customers and market share, I personally think these organisations should be in damage control or else risk further losses. A similar example could be the travel industry shifting online.

Hopefully we'll see a return of sentiment to the sector. Not saying that $150 per share is fair value, but gee it certainly beats current prices

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.