APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Afterpay - The story, page-4

1. 340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    Im a Merchant, User (very frequent though its a game to me and my wife mostly my wife as we are shareholders)

As a Merchant I see eCommerce as the future and not just 10% of sales like it is now, more like 40-50% over time. There will be dominant players like amazon, lesser extent ebay and shopify will grow strongly. All will be watching Afterpay with interest, Amazon surely will be looking at Australia and the ebay rollout of Afterpay vs what they are doing with Zip. I feel Amazon made a mistake with Zip and should have signed up Afterpay.

Ebay in the USA will be watching the Australia roll out as they are getting killed by Amazon and need a point of difference. Also id watch ETSY, Costco and Walmart who could use Afterpay as a point of difference to compete with Amazon. I feel it will be like dominoes when the first big player signs up and Ebay in Australia could be the first.

Payment methods for ecommerce over time will be visa, Mastercard, paypal and a BNPL (afterpay is winning so far), maybe others like applepay etc.

Shopify is a massive opportunity for Afterpay, i was annoyed when they signed up splitit, i hope afterpay can sign up shopify as it will be a massive boost, though i have a shopify site and have afterpay integrated so its not essential.

Dont discount the analytics that Afterpay will have over time in the millennial demographic. I feel this will be worth mega dollars over time. Also afterpay generates traffic for our website, not heaps but maybe 8-10% of traffic which is organic unpaid. I did have a chat with Luke Bertoli regarding ads on the Afterpay Merchant site, this could be another revenue generator over time.

Also longer term horizon there could be other products like Afterpay bank accounts to take money out of instead of normal big 4 bank accounts, maybe visa debit cards with an afterpay option built in, eftpos terminals that have an afterpay option

Ive been in for a while and Afterpay is my clear biggest holding, even overtaking A2M which i bought at 80c. Polarbears numbers of $166.66 should be hit in 3 years based on my numbers. For now i just want to see Canada expansion and Nasdaq listing and the takeovers go away for a while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.