APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

I agree. I bought heavily back in March and have done well, but...

1. 43 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I agree. I bought heavily back in March and have done well, but I have recently sold all my shares except a portion of my long term speculatives. The market is currently fairly overvalued. Everyone seems to be holding out until they find a vaccine but its a fools game. The market is forward-looking, so once a vaccine is found there will be no potential good news on the horizon and people will start looking at the reality of the current situation which will be high unemployment, high P/E ratios and a huge deficit.

As far as Afterpay is concerned, its my belief that you should only continue to hold if you can withstand the potential shock of a market correction over the next couple of years.

Imagine a situation where the market tanks by 30% and Afterpay tanks by 80%. If this is an exciting prospect for you because you will have the opportunity to buy more shares at a discount then IMO you should continue to hold. If you would panic and sell the lot, then I would suggest you sell at least a significant portion now and bank your profits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.