APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

@mal85 (and also @polarbear666 and @htc77) Very helpful...

1. 118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    @mal85 (and also @polarbear666 and @htc77)
    Very helpful background and suggestions. Although I have not posted much here I have been on board since prior to the US announcement - and in many respects in anticipation of global expansion (as many here speculated). This announcement was not that long ago but the share price has company has done so much since then (and indeed before then in very short time!!!).

I recommend new holders also take the time to watch a couple of 'old' videos - the hour long interview with Nick Molnar and also his millennials talk (and note how important this generation is!!!).

@htc77 makes a very important observation "The millennial (and I accept this isn't the only demographic but it is a considerable amount) do not want to be sold to. They want to trust brands based on recommendations of their friends." There is something special about our company - brand, simplicity and absolute focus on the millennial consumer - what is "really, really helpful" to them....and how, in turn, those consumers reward our company with brand loyalty and spread that trust by 'word of mouth' - the positive feedback loop/network effect. The simplicity of the offering to consumers is a huge barrier to entry in my opinion - potentially replicated but almost impossible to further simplify. However, whilst the offering is simple to the consumer, the tech behind the scenes to make that work didn't happen overnight. So our company has that all important first mover advantage. Scalability is massive - but if I heard Nick correctly in the interview - it's not about squeezing the lemon!!

My sentiment is "hold" because that is what I'm doing. I can also understand "sell" (from a risk management perspective) and "buy" if not already held or held enough. My personal rules are similar to @polarbear666 but I'm sorely tempted to make an exception in this case. I have done the sell and buy back once (and increased my share) but not feeling keen to again risk giving away any of my share in our company!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.