FAR 2.38% 43.0¢ far limited

When someone buys very low its easy to say how comfortable one...

1. 13,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234
    When someone buys very low its easy to say how comfortable one is with their investment.
    Whisky would be one of the very few that could say that and good luck to him as that's what investing is all about, making money.
    So not everyone would be as comfortable because they were caught up in the hype of posters gone by.

As for market cap being the measurement of a companies success, well in blue chip companies I would agree with that as they rarely issue shares as the don't need to, in fact they buy them back when they can which creates value.
    Penny dreadful companies on the other hand are a different kettle of fish.
    FAR for example have been raising at about 8 cents for years and looking at todays SP its still 8 cents.
    The SP has stayed the same but the market cap has risen...why is that you say?
    The market cap has risen because there are more shares on issue....simple really.
    It has nothing to do with the successful drills so basing a companies success on market cap especially penny dreadful companies is flawed.

Again look at SEA.
    They are about to double their market cap by issuing a massive amount of shares and will have a billion more SOI than FAR when its done.
    Does that mean they should be lauded because their market cap might double...lol, hardly.

Malcolm mentioned CVN.
    They have more than 5 times less SOI than FAR. yet a lesser prospective resource but they have appreciated nearly 80%
    FAR need to recapitalise as soon as possible with a 10 for 1 IMO but I fear the larger shareholders are pulling the strings for their own benefit.

So is market cap a measurement in penny dreadful companies?
    Its a big NO from me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
0.010(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $39.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 43.0¢ 42.0¢ $30.78K 72.40K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1924 42.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 64999 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
42.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 1.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
42.0¢ 42.5¢ 42.0¢ 13322
Last updated 14.24pm 25/04/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.