FAR 0.58% 43.0¢ far limited

AGC Central Wildcat, page-9

1. 5,686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1108
    This statement stood out to me as I recently had a experience when pursuing my rights as a consumer.

Speaking of COP’s failure to offer a PE deal, Cath famously said FAR were “not stupid people” and were prepared to consider an offer.

I purchased a car interstate from a WA dealer late last year but did my due diligence by getting it inspected independently beforehand. One issue did pop up so I mentioned I would purchase it if it was resolved beforehand. They inspected it in their own workshop and claimed they could not replicate the issue and the inspector had made a mistake not being familiar with the vehicle model. I asked if it was a warranty item and they said no. When asking would it be covered considering it was identified beforehand, the sales manager stated it would in light of the conversation we just had. I should have got it in writing but before making a payment I document the discussion and sent an email that acceptance of a payment from me by them would include the item in question being covered under warranty.

I received the vehicle and immediately noticed the issue. On calling I got evasions like it was fine when it left here and must have been damaged in transit.

They didn't want to know about it hoping I would just go away and pursuing them too difficult. Is this what COP and WPL were expecting? Its too difficult and expenses would be high so Far would just let the issue go?

Well, I was outraged. How dare them. I took them to consult affairs in WA who stated I did the right thing documenting what they said as although they didn't put things on paper my emails are a proof they didn't dispute what I was saying. We got to the point of them paying for an inspection and then they ignored everyone once they got a shock at the repair bill cost. Funny, but my feeling is COP has ignored everyone also.

Not satisfied, I got the car repaired to find out the exact bill. I submitted the bill to the dealer and gave them 2 choices. Pay just the repair I was pursuing or go to court for a much higher sum (a few additional item that could vaguely be argued as a possible warranty item). If a judge thought the book should be thrown at them, who knew what my luck would be? They decided to settle and pay. Maybe COP will also?

In some ways I would have liked to go to court (being interstate I could do my participation by phone). I would have liked to cause them some embarrassment, maybe get a higher sum and get their behaviour on record but smart enough to just do the deal. Will COP do the same? Guess it depends on what they believe they can get away with.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
-0.003(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $39.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.0¢ $58.75K 135.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 182608 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 2200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
44.0¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 1.80 %)
Open High Low Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.5¢ 44138
Last updated 14.32pm 30/04/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.