BIS 3.92% $4.24 bisalloy steel group limited

age article, page-4

1. 9,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Snosrap ,i read an article about sanjeev plan for a $1b expansion of arriums port,steel manufacturing and mining operations,one headline mentioned defence but didn't read it,but thks for the detail u posted.I didn't post it before xmas because i didn't want to spoil scalpers xmas.
    Just my observations,he (gupta) is expecting more assistance from state and federal govts???????????. apparently beyond the SA state govt grant of $50m.
    So the obvious question, is the state and federal govt going to subsidise a foreign owned steel manufacturer to compete with australian owned bluescope greenfeed and australian owned bisalloy steel to treat greenfeed to produce this so called ship grade steel.
    First,as posted i'm not sure of the grade of various steels used for defence navy boats/vessels,i'm guessing its the light weight but stronger steel bis produces for such products as the higher strength but lighter pallets and bins it supplied bluescope ie with some defence grade technology to increase the strength and reduce weight etc blah blah etc.
    Bottom line,if i'm correct the scotland operation is dalzell steel',again could b wrong (as only quick google) but no mention of defence grade ie stanag armor grades or HH etc pressure grades ie like bis,ssab,and by memory kockrums who all pass extreme testing to qaulity for supply into US military etc..
    So first we need to find out if sanjeev gupta's scotland steel produces defence grade,maybe it is only wear plate which like bis would b required on all ships,but the question is ,is the state and federal govt going to financially support a foreign owned steel maker to complete against 2 australian owned steel manufactures?.
    Definitely worth keeping an eye on.
    ps will b googling sanjeev gupta,dalzell steel scotland and any maybe associated co's from now on.
    ps bluescope is nextdoor to bisalloy,bisalloy is next door to railway line to SA.I can't imagine it being cheap to ship greenfeed to scotland for treatment then back to SA,but we r DH politicians.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.24
Change
0.160(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $202.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.94 $4.37 $3.87 $1.480M 359.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 599 $4.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.30 697 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.