"A contributing factor is high unemployment benefit as people...

1. 10,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    "A contributing factor is high unemployment benefit as people choose a beach lifestyle without work".
    --------------------------------

Rubbish. A large proportion of aged care workers are foreign students studying aged care at our educational facilities. They do not qualify for the dole so they are not your 'lifestyle' friends. The problem is that Boozy Albo has curtailed their working hours to just 24 hours per week instead of 40 hours per week. As such, aged care homes like the one where my mum resides and my wife works are filling casual vacancies on a daily basis with 'agency workers'. My wife gets a $100 bonus for taking up extra shifts to cover the workers that used to be able to work but because of Albo's new rules they can't work. These facilities pay $80 per hour for an agency worker (that is not direct to the worker but to their facilitator).

Maybe you live in Byron and your surfing buddies are living the dream, but in the big cities where aged care facilities take care of thousands of Australians the workers would love to do extra, but Boozy Albo changed the rules and now they can't legally do the work.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.