AGE 3.33% 6.2¢ alligator energy limited

Hi Steve, As a sector, uranium is going to be big in the future...

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Hi Steve,

As a sector, uranium is going to be big in the future in my view. And while it's a good technology in lot of ways, the truth is that we (humans) haven't truly tapped nuclear power yet, so we are only at the start of the journey there. Many people don't even realise that right now our nuclear power is nothing more than a giant kettle that we use to boil water (of course, I realise it's more complicated than that, lol, but not much). So we've got a lot of scientific evolution to go there. But for now, it's still going to provide lots of power, and China/India (and everyone else, including Oz) are going to have to wean themselves off coal quicker than they expect.

As a nation, Oz should have the best U mines/miners in the world. We have 30+% of all known U reserves in the world. On another matter, as a geologically stable country, we should also be making a motza by taking everyone else's used up U and putting it deep into the desert, but politicians don't know how to explain detailed issues these days (and to be honest, in the current crop of the LNP, they've left scientific understanding behind a long, long time ago, and Scomo won't be bringing it back in a hurry even if you tie a thesis to a lump of coal and hit him with it), and lack any sense of courage and have no yellow-cake-road to walk down to collect any, but I digress.

But in the shorter/medium term (important for our share balances and their values), there is a supply shortage coming. Supply is down, and utilities have been running down their stockpiles. Throw a bit of additional fuel on the fire (like the US extending out their stations and building up their own strategic reserve), and the price is going to be going up. The only question is how high (but it'll be a lot higher than current $30 per pound).

So why AGE? Management. It's a really simple answer, but a slightly longer answer may add that when you've been involved in something big, you don't go to something small just to twiddle your thumbs. Specifically, Greg Hall, Mining Manager at Olympic Dam and Ranger Uranium Mine. He's not here to take this company from a $35m company to a $70m company (and that's not to belittle or ignore the rest of the team, nor to belittle a doubling of the share price). It's a team to set up a mine, not to drill and hope, so they've already got a good idea of what they are aiming to build. I don't have any inside information whatsoever, but I'd suggest that if the team build a $250m company that they will be disappointed with themselves (except for hitting that particularly milestone on the way to a bigger one). That also reminds me of the Python Holy Grail scene: "3 shall be the number of the count, though shall not count to 2, excepting on the way to 3".

A final point, based on the fickleness of markets and their investors (i.e. you and me and lots of others), it's comforting to note that atm the AGE threads on HC don't have a lot of daily workout. The recent price growth has been achieved without a lot of the usual bandwagon jumpers spruiking left, right and centre. So if the retail herd haven't really had this on their radar yet, then the SP will have a rocket booster up it's backside once they do. Put all that together, add in a bit extra like Tolga as an investor, and the match is being lit for a bonfire.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
0.002(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $239.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 6.2¢ $604.7K 9.725M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 720837 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 122928 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.2¢
  Change
0.002 ( 3.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 6.2¢ 4578182
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
AGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.