AGE 4.26% 4.5¢ alligator energy limited

Are we topping in markets?.Yes AGE lost 3 pips to finish at...

1. 4,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3775
    Are we topping in markets?
    Yes AGE lost 3 pips to finish at 3.5c. Our volume was very low, just over 2.5m shares traded. So we couldn't get above 3.8, general markets and U sector did not help. So we wait for another day now to for a finish above 3.8.

ASX U stocks were quite weak today. Of the 28 stocks that I track, average decline was 4%.
    Overnight US U stocks were clearly not comfortable - average loss around 3%. US Future price stuck at $50.35 - for weeks now
    What next:
    Yesterday I had said it would be good for SP 500 to stay above 4100 though losing around 0.6% It did so with the barest of margin - looks like algo finish - 4100.60. It also rebounded around 4080 mark which was positive - as I have mentioned 4070/4080 is a key level. ASX remained nearly flat for the day.
    So as I mentioned yesterday, markets very indecisive and its difficult to say what may happen next. The risk-on assets (U and Li sector eg) are already not doing well and decreasing now. Yesterday the markets also moved into defensive sectors - so more pull out from risk-on sectors. Gold is doing great and to certain extent Oil - otherwise other materials not good.
    From indicators perspective, they are still favourable - both Yields and Dollar Index fell yesterday, VIX rose but still under 20. But Technical indicators that were clearly bullish now are with mixed signals now and some showing signs of topping. Overall we are still in uptrend and going towards 4300/4350 is still open - but if markets can't push easily than the bears could slowly take control. A recent survey done across lot of social media - majority of punters say that this rally is not to be believed. Also smart money (institutions) are selling now overwhelmingly where as dumb money (retail) buying - but smart money has been wrong before and even recently, so difficult to say how much weight is in this aspect. Overall I think time to be cautious and wait for clear market direction has come.
    So what will happen tonight? US Futures flat. Asian markets largely slight green. PMI and Trade data tonight - but most of these data only provide slight moves. At this stage markets look confused and uncertain - as if waiting for something to happen. At this uncertain stage its difficult to say what may happen, so if we can hold/play around 4100, that itself will be positive - any gains would do well for the rally. Will that happen? Lets hope so. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
-0.002(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $174.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $306.2K 6.675M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 2321544 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 183604 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.