AGE 3.85% 6.8¢ alligator energy limited

(On another thread that I write, someone commented on me writing...

1. 4,190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3640
    (On another thread that I write, someone commented on me writing on US markets. I just wrote something as it was related to why I write on US markets, or why I write at all. So just thought of copying here. Not important, can be ignored.)

Appreciate your point, and you may be in right in one way.

But I had a different experience, so although my thinking may not be aligned to you, you could still be right.

Up until last year June, I never gave much importance to US markets. I used to follow, but not in the sense that they are dictating us. It was from an academic purpose. But then we had a big fall in June - something I have referred to as June bottom in many of my postings - and that changed my opinion.

I had a big win which dwindled in June - and I feel many of us may have gone thru same situation, especially those who have not gone through 2008 situation. Feeling dejected, I started analysing what had happened. I read a lot. I listened a lot. Then I came across what is called world markets. And also US markets. I wish I knew that in April of last year - when to buy/when to fold. But no regrets, we all learn. One day we will all be gone, from this hotcopper, from this world. So gains/loss is relative as one perceives their own life. The best we can do is enjoy our time while we are here. And if we can win, that makes its worthwhile.
    A long, long, time back I had a realisation about life. What is it, why we are always chasing - I used to chase a lot. It took me sometime, but fortunately I was able to pick up sometime early in my life. My motto of life then changed to - "The level of satisfaction that you get in life, is dependent on the level of expectation. And the level of happiness we get is dependent on our satisfaction. So, if we can manage our expectation, we will be satisfied. And if we are satisfied, we will be happy. So all it takes in life is to manage expectation. A person may have 50k in their account. Someone hoping for 20k will be very happy. Someone hoping for 100k will be not so happy, Its the same amount - gives a lot of happiness to some, and to others a big dejection. All dependent on expectation. Some will have 5k, others 50k, others 500k, some still 5m, and still others 50m. But only those people would be happy that are satisfied - amount does not matter, because it will never be enough, whatever you try.
    I am doing an antidote here that money is that much important - but still talk only about trading everyday - a contradiction?. Not really. winning gives satisfaction, and in turn happiness, You only need to have a bit more than what you have currently, and if its more than you expect. Amount is not much important. I am trying bottom up - trying to win to be happy. And to win, you apply your best strategies, I am not perfect, but I feel I have improved a lot in last few months - but improved just relative to what I was - I know there are millions/trillions better than me.
    Unfortunately - I am mostly happy. So I will never be that billionaire that everyone knows because my expectation is not very high. I always hope and try to make others happy. Very difficult, but worthwhile. I write every day, not expecting anything. Just a hope that it helps someone. I understand we all have different ways to measure happiness, so when I write its with the hope that there is a chance it could help some achieve their happiness, By making it to that 5k/50k/500k - whatever it is. I can get it wrong many times. But sometimes I will get it right. And it will make that someone happy. Even one will do. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
0.003(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $259.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.4¢ 6.9¢ 6.4¢ $787.3K 11.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 658713 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 1231196 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.17am 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.8¢
  Change
0.003 ( 4.62 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.5¢ 6.9¢ 6.5¢ 4853003
Last updated 11.37am 21/05/2024 ?
AGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.