AGE 0.00% 5.2¢ alligator energy limited

Weekly Review U Stocks - 24th May 2024Here is the weekly review...

1. 4,291 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3742

Weekly Review U Stocks - 24th May 2024

Here is the weekly review figures and charts that I do every week. It is useful only for those interested in trading or those who hold multiple shares and based on performance would like to keep re-balancing as we go. As I have disclosed earlier I do hold a number of U stocks. This is the reason I include a number of other U Stocks in my analysis. In my figures, I also have performances of U stocks for last year - for those interested in looking at longer term view.

Please note that all my analysis are from a trading perspective looking at short-term view.

There are no new additions this week, so my stock list contains 33 stocks.
    This week I don't have anything in my Personal section (holdings, price etc) as I have been shuffling some stocks. Hopefully back next week.

How are we going in 2024 - General Markets

• SP 500 had a small hiccup this week, but rebounded well. So the higher path is still open. It made a new all time high of 5341 this week. Finished flat for the week though at 5304, last week 5303.
    • Volatility Index VIX is at 11.93, a small drop from 11.99 of last week, - continues to stay in strong bull territory
    • Last week I wrote that Bitcoin may get into 70k this week, it did so. Currently at 68k - still in a very strong bull territory
    • Sentiment Indicator - back to Neutral at 53, last week Greed 65 - so again a divergence is there, again a lot of punters not believing that this rally will go much further ahead, or thinking a correction may be in play, or not happy that Commodities/Resource sector not part of this rally, but lets see, its just an indicator, has been wrong before
    • Russell 2000 played poorly this week, lost over 1%, currently at 2059, last week at 2095, lagging other indicators strongly, and going backwards
    • Yields after some drop after inflation numbers, now stuck in a narrow range and not coming down further
    • Dollar Index not showing much move, needs to fall I feel
    • Gold, Silver and Oil . all took hit this week
    • Last week I wrote- overall one can be optimistic this week, depending on one's risk tolerance. I feel the same this week
    What may happen next week - General Markets/U/Li/REE:
    • SP 500 has done a new high, many waiting for correction, but some believe it may go a bit more so that a buffer is built for consolidation, staying above 5000 will be the key to keep the bullish momentum in swing
    • Russell 2000 is key for us, commodity/resource, we want that to go up - its not doing great, lets hope things change - its been nearly 2 years now
    • Key economic data this week around - PCE, GDP data to have small impact, rest usual
    • Uranium Sector overview - Uranium stocks still doing all right, the bullish trend is on, a brief pause happened this week, but Friday US U markets had a very good day. The bullish run is still there, with 5 ASX U stocks making a new 52 week high on Monday, but most gave away the gains after that. CCJ too was looking a bit tentative, but had a strong Friday and keeps the hope alive for another dash to the top over 55. I have been calling CCJ to reach between 55 to 60 in this rally, it reached 54.93 this week, so theoretically has met the number I was thinking about. Weekly perspective it remained flat, which is not a bad thing. ASX U stocks no change in pattern, big stocks doing well, mid stocks average and small stocks not good. I feel this week may be defining week for U stocks, if it can hold the level, good chance that we may have an extended rally well into June, otherwise it could top here and take a breather. General market direction may also help. But U stocks in a boom period, best not to assume anything and follow price action.
    • Lithium Sector overview - Before Friday, Li stocks were looking shaky. ALB lost the play of 130s and dashed to low 120s. But on Friday, it nearly reached the key number of 128 - which I feel is the neutral zone, SQM just under 50. Both at neutral state. So the hope is still there that the sector will move up from here than down. But Li stocks overall are still hurting, and like Uranium stocks, the biggest hit has happen to the small and mid sector - comparatively. Ganfeng too lost 4% for the weak and continues to play in weakness. Most of the bigger ASX Li stocks had a decent drop this week. US Li lost 6% this week inspite of a good Friday, wiping out all 6% gain from previous week. So no clear direction yet and sector can't decide what next to do.
    • REE Sector overview - This week REE stocks a similar play like Lithium, and many stocks were in red, made a weekly loss of 2% across 30 stocks I track. WA1 has continued its march up, every week for several weeks its making a new high. Another high this week. Has done another of its retreat, which for many may look a similar from before. But overall sentiment has softened further and many REE stocks are struggling now. So for those holding, looks like a waiting game (overall sector perspective), individual stocks could still do well
    Personally:
    I have been shuffling around some stocks so thought will skip this week my holdings etc..

Stock/Sector specific Info:
    • This week AGE playing in 5.9/6.8 zone. Like most U stocks which did well early part of the week, AGE too made a dash towards the upper play of 6.8, reached 6.9, but could not sustain and followed general pullback later part of the week. Hope though is still there of another attempt towards 6.8. Lets see if this time it can be overcome
    • From a weekly perspective a much better week, moved from 6 to 6.4 and also stayed above last week closing of 6 whole week - so some positive here
    • Last week I wrote - "For AGE to get any meaningful rise, it has to get towards 6.8, upper portion of this range" - one attempt this week, we wait for another
    • 5 ASX U stocks did 52 week high this week - BMN/DYL/LOT/PDN/SLX - so what is common here. All big stocks and I have been writing for a while that big stocks are making the most of this rally, here is another indicator (disclosure as I mentioned last week, hold all 5). One of the reasons I do these weekly report and numbers is to pick up the trend. I know I can't change what is happening, but I can certainly play the trend
    • U stocks down 1% for the week, many big stocks easing slightly - they had a good run, so small pullbacks may not be unusual
    • U stocks up 8% for the year, hopefully January mid 30% gain beckoning, Big stocks have made huge gains, small to mid stocks have brought the average down
    • Last week I had written I had bought at 5.9, still holding , want to see a play above 6.8 towards 8, but overall market support may be needed - so lets see
    • U future is now at 91.65, last week at 90.65, a small gain this week, but moving in right direction
    • As I wrote above in my review, I am thinking CCJ will go somewhere between 55 to 60 and then consolidation/correct 15/20%, next rally September. But we never know. It can happen, but better to follow price action
    • On Friday US U were in big green. ASX U may start to make up some losses of this week. After that Monday night US U trading direction will set tone for the week. Also hoping general markets behave, so lets see (Same as I wrote last week, Friday plays have been good on US markets)

Here is the Figures for the Week:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6198/6198086-23d0344f81bfe2042ff511dd8373dc1a.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $201.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $756.7K 14.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 567560 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 55000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.