"Now everyone thinks it's the government's job." I doubt if...

1. 81,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"Now everyone thinks it's the government's job."

I doubt if that's anywhere near true and I've no idea why you say it

it's probably true that anyone with a brain would think that legislation should protect people in care - whether they are aged, hospital patients, health care patients or whatever - that seems to be common sense

of course things have changed - it's impossible for people to look after parents now - and children all day - because couple work - full time if they can - and, there are also lots of single households - meaning - not married or partnered - where it's even more difficult to take in an aged loved one or disabled or care for a child during pre and after school hours

there's a lot of reasons for that - but, overwhelmingly - it's just - times have changed and there's laws and rules and organisations that need to change with the times

so much for small government and government getting out of the way and letting business get on with it -

a blind man on a flying greyhound can see that conservative thinking has no place at all in a changing society - let alone a rapidly changing society

Oz has huge problems in these areas because - the vast majority of Ozzies are conservative - even if they vote for the pink mob ---------- Ozzies just cannot cope with changes to the basic fabric of stuff and will not vote for any party who they think will bring in changes - unless those parties are promising a return to the past - where Ozzies think 'the good old days'

they have that wrong too - the good old days were shit - it's just that they were kids and had no responsibility

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.