Aged Pension - Welfare or Entitlement?, page-328

1. 12,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1759
    If you want to see ATO rorting at its best? Then go check out Indian restaurants/businesses, Vietnamese/Thai/Chinese they do the same .
    I know first hand being the landlord of properties leased to Indians. They know how to rip-off the ATO, mostly deal in cash that isn't declared, employ family/friends and provide accommodation where they live with 10 people.
    Bring in family/friends on tourist visas and put them to work paying them cash money and under the award. Money is often then taken out of the country, either in cash or money transfers but keeping it under the reporting limit. Sending money to multiple people.
    The rorts are unbelievable and the Gov't is so stupid that they don't realise whats happening.
    Often the money is taken overseas to buy property as its easily concealed overseas.
    I'd bet DaveR's Filipinio wife sends money to family at home in the Philippines. ie Australian old age pension being used to support people overseas. I know it happens, and most do it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.