"What about the additional 10 years of secretarial work done by...

1. 18,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    "What about the additional 10 years of secretarial work done by me prior to entering teaching?"

That would put you in a period where many retirees were at that stage where no super was paid by your employer. I too worked all the time during study. Actually started at age 9 delivering milk before and after school. 1941. My mother was a widow with no pension. My father died in the middle of the great depression. Would you like to see those days return.

Many retirees on part super are still eligible for a part pension and pensioner benefits. I guess if you don't qualify then you are well off and are means tested out along with many of us. The pension is a base. No aged person should fall below that base. Some were dealt a better hand, some were behind the door when the dice was rolled. Some are greedier than others some are happy with less while some are unhappy with more. Some are happy with work, some hate the thought.

I'm off to take my wife out for our Sunday treat (extra Sunday with New Year's day). Drive through Hungry Jacks, get Sundaes then watch the surf roll in and remember the good times. You see our needs are basic.

Any other information you need?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.