Agl and debt collection

1. 847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Hi could someone please assist me . I have a friend who is not good with English and I am trying to assist her . this morning she received a letter requesting payment of 594.00 from a debt collector called panthers finance who are acting on behalf of agl . this bill is 14 months old so why has it suddenly come to their attention and now they are pursuing an amount that apparently wasn't paid 14 months ago. My friend has an automatic debit arrangement which was in place with agl for the time period she was a customer but within the last six months she has changed her electricity supplier to a company called dodo . because she is no longer an existing customer under agl could she still request a hard copy of the bill under question be posted out to her and also could she request from agl a copy of all payments/credit card debits from agl for the time period in question . as a non existing customer is agl obligated to provide her with these records free of charge as a form of evidence that the payment has not been made . and if agl are non compliant in providing this information should we recommend the matter to the electrical ombudsman and forward him the relevant material for further investigation thanks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.