AGL 0.09% $10.69 agl energy limited.

As someone who’s been holding AGL shares for the past four...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    As someone who’s been holding AGL shares for the past four years, I’ve truly experienced the highs and lows that come with investing in this energy giant. It’s been nothing short of a roller coaster, but here’s why I’m still strapped in for the long haul.

Firstly, I see AGL as a long-term investment. The dividend payments are a significant part of my investment strategy, and they’re showing great potential for growth. Patience is key here, and I’m content to watch these dividends mature and increase over time.

While there hasn’t been much noise from MCB about AGL lately, it seems he’s been playing a subtle game, strategically placing board members to steer the company in his preferred direction. This is crucial as AGL shifts towards green energy—a necessary move, although it’s clear that the demand from the country will likely exceed what green energy can supply for now. However, the demand for energy is only going to grow, and that positions AGL well for the future.

On another note, ORG has recently hit a 52-week high, and AGL is also gaining momentum. If this trend continues, we might see AGL’s stock price reach around $12.00. However, I anticipate a potential sell-off at that point, likely from retail investors who might cash in if they bought at similar prices, especially those speculating that the price will surge towards the $15 to $16 range.

From my perspective, AGL is currently priced attractively for anyone looking to invest without the need to constantly monitor the stock—just buy and focus on the dividends when they come. Always remember, do your own research (DYOR) before investing.Whether you’re in for the dividends or betting on green energy growth, AGL presents a compelling case for long-term investors. Let’s see how this ride continues, and hopefully, the ups and downs smooth out as the company evolves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.69
Change
-0.010(0.09%)
Mkt cap ! $7.178B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.63 $10.73 $10.59 $4.949M 463.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 6333 $10.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.69 3609 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.17pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.