LYC 0.00% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

AGM and market reaction

1. 1,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    I congratulated Amanda on her oponness and her attitude.
    The positives:
    -Solvent extraction is the final area of the Phase 2 assets to be commissioned.
    -The departure of NC, many of the retailers demanded that as well as,(IMO), some of the major shareholders, however, one should not deny his efforts of building this company in these terrible environment.
    -The impressive performance of two of the rotary kilns, 120% of the design capacity.
    -In September quarter:
    We made more – production tonnes up 8.5% (2) We sold more – cash receipts up 24% and  We spent less – cash costs down 13%.

So why the market did not react. In my opinion for the following reasons:
    For the market to react, there should be good market conditions to drive the share price up, even if it is for a day or two.
    The sell off in the material sector did not help as a result of OPEC decision, not to cut oil production.
    Also, the market has raised a lot of questions about the unexpected maintenance schedule of two of the four rotary kilns.
    There was no mention of expected positive cashflow in the current quarter.
    The departure of NC and at what cost, and who is going to replace him.
    I am sad that the liberal party has lost the Victorian's state election. The tripple A credit economy, budget surplus, and $27b of infrastructure spending (East West link), are likely to suffer under Labour leadership. That is bad news for the material sector and Lynas will suffer indirectly being in the sector. Look at our SPI future 44 in the red.
    The DOW future was essentially flat,  0.49+ 0.00%

• Overview
    • Americas
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Commodities
    X-mas rally is coming and it appears to me that the big players will drive the material stocks to the bottom within the next few days and then the rally will start from around the 5th onward.
    Monday is a crucial day, the market will open in the red as expected by the SPI in the red of 44 points. If Lynas managed to climb after a red start and show buy interest, that would be a very good sign.

I still consider December quarter as the game changer for the share price action.
    As for me, I will still take advantage of any opportunities and always ready to manage my risk profile.

I was wrong in anticipating the share price to crack 7c at the AGM. I still believe one day we will get there and the history of the trades has proved that in the past.

Good luck.

My opinions and thoughts, not an investment advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.