OIP 0.00% 4.3¢ orion petroleum limited

I hold both OIP and GGX and must confess I am mystified as to...

1. 16 Posts.
    I hold both OIP and GGX and must confess I am mystified as to why you people think this is a bad deal.

You all seem to think that OIP has great assets. It doesn't.

Some of you seem to think you punch a hole in the ground and up comes oil and gas. It doesn't (most of the time).

And there seems to be an overwhelming feeling that plugging a few coreholes into the ground and finding one or more coal seams is a road to riches. It isn't

If you talk to anyone in the oil and gas business and mention the Darling Basin (OIP's main conventional assets are located there) you will find that it is considered one of the highest risk areas in the country.

GGX on the other hand have oil and gas in the Philippine already (the problem there relates to recovery not whether or not the oil/gas exists).

Their French acreage is in a known oil and gas province.

Their Canning Basin acreage whilst high risk also has the potential for high reward as well.

Successful oil and gas exploration requires money (lots of it) and people with the vision, experience and commitment to know what is good value exploration and what is bad.

Vision, commitment and relevant experience were the things that were lacking with the previous OIP management and I for one, as a shareholder of both companies, welcome this merger.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.