AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

AGM on 29 November in Perth, page-155

1. 3,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8183
    A few cross posts since I began this -  Concerned - thanks also to Dutch Rob, patch.  It is the largest crowd I have seen at an AGM - didn't count but 30-40 people including several investors who flew over specifically for the meeting.  I talked to 3 of them and our consensus was things look good - but the market has the final say.

Thanks to Nigel and those AVZ folks at the meeting for sharing what they can with me and all the others.

Been thinking about the drilling proposal mentioned in October and put on paper today.  Some more details from Nigel in the presentation.  I have only skimmed posts since the AGM so apologies if some repetitions or crossing of posts.

The drill rigs are still in South Africa - actually Nigel didn't specify where, I believe, but they are not in the DRC as some bureacratic issues still need to be finalised.  Amplification anyone?

The rains have not started in earnest yet and since the drillers have been told they are working close to Christmas fingers are crossed the rains hold off.  If not the drill convoy includes a D7 bulldozer.

The ratio of RC to diamond drilling has apparently been modified a little since original plans for technical reasons.  The RC rig may pre collar some holes where significant country rock (schist/amphibolite) is anticipated.

Drill proposal:
    Roche Dur
    avz roche dure drill proposal plan.JPG

As Robleeway mentioned the RC pattern is on 100m spaced lines with holes 50m apart.  Nigel estimates holes are likely to max out around 170m - not certain why but rig capacity may be an issue and diamond tails would remain an option for later.
    The SW extension to RD from DDH1 is estimated at 800m which will only be partly tested by this phase of drilling.
    With respect to the diamond drilling depths Nigel mentioned they plan to go to around the 300-400RL which means holes up to 450m total length.

Assuming holes at similar dips to Hole 1 and 2 shows depths around 350-380m by my estimates for the South eastern holes circled.
    The diamond drill holes closer to the pit will be shallower.

Steeper holes would need to be longer to intersect the footwall base of the pegmatite.
    AVZ DRILL SECT DD2.JPG avz drill section.JPG

Carriere de L'est is a fairly similar pattern to RD.  Access for the RC rig is going to be challenging here.

avz carrier drill proposal plan.JPG
    AVZ DRILL SECT DD7.JPG

The goal of the drilling is to produce a resource for two restricted areas of Manono.
    For this area of Roche Dure an exploration target of some 300 Mt was mentioned and it is hoped the resource will be roughly even proportions of Measured, indicated and inferred with similar tonnage.
    For the limited area of Carriere de L'est my notes say 250 Mt.

When asked about the inferred aspect of the resource Nigel suggested holes such as the shallow one in this image may be needed before the lakes are drained.

AVZ DRILL SECT DD2 shallow.jpg

Regarding draining the lakes the natural slope of the land (mentioned by some posters on HC as well) could aid the process by connecting the pits with some form of drainage trenches.   Vague comment from Nigel :  (My paraphrasing) -The lake levels are NOT the same so there is a gradient that may work in our favour.

Like most drill proposals details will probably change as dictated by geology, access, technical and other issues.

The samples from drilling will be processed on site and shipped out in batches of around 1200 samples which will represent some 4-5 holes.
    Negotiations/Planning is underway to see if they can fly the samples direct from Manono to South Africa en route Australia.  First results?  End of January 2018 mentioned.

I left the meeting with the impression AVZ are in a good position to deliver on the promise shown so far.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.