APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

AGM Question

1. 472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    I think I have a very simple question to ask at the AGM that can reveal exactly where the plant is at.

I have been doing some research through the announcements and have concluded that the status of the gasification and metallisation (G&M) fluid beds is key.

In January 2013 "The bulk of this equipment is on-site ready for installation" becomes in July 2014 "will be installed once fabrication of the high temperature tuyeres and the refractory lining of the plenums has been completed."

I had to look up tuyere to find out that it is a tube, nozzle or pipe through which air is blown into a furnace - the cynic in me thinks these could be the new valves!

So my questions in relation to the fluid beds:

a) what prerequisite tasks need to be completed before they can be installed in the tower.
    b) how much will it cost to complete the units ready for installation in the tower,
    c) how long will it take to have them installation ready,
    d) what are the planned start and end dates for this task

I attach my research below to show how the language around this issue has changed over time, and to give an insight as to why I think clear answers to my question will show how close the plant really is to completion.

It is long and tedious, so you may not wish to read further.

August 29 2014 – Preliminary final report

Steel support beams have also been installed in Level 9 of the Tower to support the two large gasification and metallisation fluid bed roasters for iron oxide reduction. These are awaiting the completion of the high temperature tuyeres which will be installed in a refractory-lined plenum (the lower part of a fluid bed vessel that distributes fluidising gases into the bed of solids). When complete the plenums will be bolted to the upper bodies of the fluid beds prior to their installation in the Tower.
    July 31 – Quarterly report

During June and July 2014, the support beams were installed in the three remaining sections and construction of RL9 is now complete. RL9 will support the two gasification and metallisation (G&M) fluid beds, which will be installed once fabrication of the high temperature tuyeres and the refractory lining of the plenums has been completed.
    June 11 2014 – Update

During April 2014, work focused on fabricating and painting the steel support beams for RL9 in the North Process Tower. By the end of May 2014, installation of one section had been completed and work is ongoing. RL9 supports the two gasification and metallisation (G&M) fluid beds, which will be installed once fabrication of the high temperature tuyeres and the refractory lining of the plenums have been completed.
    April 30 2014 – Quarterly

In March 2014, fabrication and painting of the beams to support the two fluid beds for gasification and metallisation commenced. This work is almost completed and the beams will be installed in Level 9 in the next few weeks.

The gasification and metallisation fluid beds are lowermost in the Tower and will be installed first. Once the high temperature tuyeres are fabricated they will be installed in a refractory-lined plenum, which is the lower part of a fluid bed vessel that distributes fluidising gases into the bed of solids. The plenums will then be bolted to the upper bodies of the fluid beds prior to their installation.
    April 7 2014 – Update

The gasification and metallisation fluid beds are awaiting the completion of the high temperature tuyeres which will be installed in a refractory-lined plenum (the lower part of a fluid bed vessel that distributes fluidising gases into the bed of solids). When complete the plenums will be bolted to the upper bodies of the fluid beds prior to their installation in the North Tower.
    March 10 2014 – Update

Fabrication, painting and installation of the steel support beams for Level 9 of the North tower will be undertaken during March 2014. Once these are in place the two fluid beds for gasification and metallisation will be installed.
    February 28 – Half yearly report

Most steel sections for the north tower extension have been fabricated and are being installed as they are delivered to site. The tower houses the EARS and metallisation section, which comprises four fluid bed reactors (the low temperature Evaporator-Pelletiser, the Pyrohydrolysis roaster, and the Gasifier-Metallisation roasters) together with the ancillary gas scrubbers and pumps.
    The two fluid bed roasters for iron oxide reduction which must be installed first are awaiting completion of their refractory lined plenum and gas distributor plates. Once these are fitted, the roasters will be installed beside the stoves (now in place) at the lowest level of the north tower.
    January 20 2014- Update

The two fluid bed roasters for iron oxide reduction are awaiting completion of their refractory lined plenum and gas distributor plate. Once these are fitted, the roasters will be installed beside the stoves (now in place) at the lowest level of the north tower.
    October 10 2013 – Annual Report

Erection of the north tower extension to the process tower is advancing. The north tower houses the fluid bed and ancillary equipment which comprise the three elements of the EARS section of the Plant; namely evaporation, pyrohydrolysis and gasification-metallisation. Fabrication of these is well advanced and they will be installed sequentially as construction of the tower proceeds. The stoves to recover heat from the hot gas exiting the fluid bed coal gasifiers are in position and fully assembled.
    August 30 2013 – preliminary final

Erection of the north tower extension to the process tower is advancing and equipment is being installed as construction progresses; the stoves which recover heat from the hot gas exiting the fluid bed coal gasifiers are now complete. The north tower will house the fluid beds which comprise the three elements of the EARS section of the Plant; namely gasification-metallisation, pyrohydrolysis and evaporation. Fabrication of these is well advanced and they will be installed sequentially as erection proceeds.
    January 24 2013 – NIRP moving to completion

The most critical item is the off-site fabrication of the steelwork for the extension to the process tower on the northern side of the existing structure. The steel has been purchased and delivered to the fabricator who will commence work in early February 2013. The new tower will house the acid regeneration and the iron reduction (metallisation) sections and support the CO2 removal and gas scrubbing equipment. The bulk of this equipment is on-site ready for installation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.