GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

AGM questions, points of discussion.

1. 4,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    Hi all,
    long time now no squeak from me I know, so I hope all are doing as well as they can, personally and professionally.
    I thought this might be a useful topic as the AGM is tomorrow and I'm sure there are almost as many questions out there.

I for one would open with the raising discussion of any future share releases, like the discounted shares in the most recent CR.

At the time, I took the positive road and commented that it was a smart defensive move as it could enable some progress on SDV and James Bay, thereby derisking those great assets to a degree commensurate to the allocation.
    The hard sell was the fact that the shares were discounted, ( by default telling the market that management were happy to sell shares below what joe blow & co. employees such as myself had paid, thereby rewarding non holders while by default... leaving current holders of that time feeling less than appreciated ), and that the little people didn't even get a look in at them.

So there are the two main, easily perceived sides of that coin.
    In contrast, almost stark contrast, is the path of loyalty options offered at a premium to current holders of ARL, ( Ardea Resources ).
    They are rewarding current holders, be they retail or institutional, with 1 option for every 3 shares held on the... strike day? ( the day the options are allocated based on shares currently held ), executable within 12 months at a 25% premium to the 5 day VWAP.
    I take the VWAP very simply to be the average price during that time.
    To me that path achieves a number of positives.
    1. It recognises holder loyalty or at the least, current actual financial interest, by management.
    2. It shows a confidence that the execution price will be exceeded in the execution period, in this example 12 months.
    3. It gives the company some extra cash throughout that period.
    4. It announces loud and clear to the wider market that management believe in the company and they aren't concerned about raising capital quickly to the detriment of loyal holders.

Why am I bothering to bring this up while talk is of consolidation?
    Because of the terrible effect that gravitational pull down to the 52.5cent mark had on our SP.

I'm no authority on a lot of the lingo in this game so feel free to polish this and improve upon it if able, I'm sure that many here would feel better to know that their own and their fellow holder's questions were raised tomorrow..
    This is a great company with a fantastic array of projects but I, and quite a few others, were let's just say less than impressed by what was perceived correctly at some moments as a bit of a let down with the last one so as ever- ever onwards and upwards!

Consolidation will cut the number of shares but this could be a seed that will be best planted now, so as to have time to mature, before any future capital raisings or the like.

I'm sure some at the company will peruse this forum tonight so to you I say, keep doing what you're doing but please remember that loyalty does need rewarding at times and in my opinion it always neeeds rewarding over new comers even if it may not be quite as easy a path to follow- doing the right thing has always rewarded myself in the long run even though at times everyone else gets to the pub while I'm still at the customer's house sweeping up and saying "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" while muttering about wanting a coldie under my breath.

** the take home on this is to take a peep at Ardea Resources' loyalty option play going on this week- for any future CR moves Galaxy may consider- which ppl can still get in on tomorrow by buying a few shares if memory serves me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.