SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

AGM soon, page-8

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Oh dear.

I see more and more interest in the upcoming AGM happening.

And I sense a trend of question-asking and spleen-venting.

Here's a heads-up.

AGMs achieve nothing.

They're fun to go to if you want to watch share holders who are angry about something hurling their meaningful/less questions at company people - who do their very best to fend them off with equally meaningful/less responses.

A bit like an interview with the treasurer but with more people doing the interviewing with a competition - who can ask the best question.

2 teams squaring off - company versus shareholders. And SGH has plenty of unhappy people to deal with all looking for their piece of retribution - which achieves diddly squat.

If anyone thinks anything will occur at an AGM which will magically lift company performance and suddenly the SP will shoot up they need to change their medication - no matter how clever the questions are.

SGH SP won't be increasing until some real proof of a recovery happens. That's when instos will get interested.

Instos are not influenced by what happens at AGMs - they're only interested in tapping into results.

So ... until SGH proves that they're doing something other than spending more money than they make, and GETS some results, don't expect to see anything much changing.

And all the spleen-venting, meaningful questions, hand-clapping and whatever else will happen at the AGM is just a road-show.

But it WILL be fun to watch.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.