IMM 1.72% 29.5¢ immutep limited

What might the 'clinical trial update' cover? I agree with...

1. 236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    What might the 'clinical trial update' cover? I agree with eagle888: "not expecting anything groundbreaking or materially new".

For long term holders, and I'm one, PRR's clinical trial data is the key value driver. So the prospect of a trial update in Leipzig tomorrow is good news.

I expect PRR might just present something along the lines of "IIb fully enrolled, trial progressing well, phase III recruitment to commence shortly ....". Nothing new there. But if the update includes interim IIb data, that would be an entirely different story.

The 60 patient IIb trial has been ongoing since July 2010, with full enrolment achieved in September this year. Early in the IIb trial, I hoped we'd have interim data by now. But subsequent developments have changed my thinking. Why?

As I've posted previously, there have been suggestions in some patient forums that withdrawal from the 'standard of care/ non Cvac' trial group may have been an issue.

So my guess is that the last IIb trial group to complete enrolment was probably this 'non Cvac' group. And for that reason I wasn't expecting any interim data until all members of this group had participated for an adequate period to provide meaningful comparative data. I doubt we're there yet.

However unlike phase III, the IIb trial is 'open label'. Patients and medicos know which trial participants are receiving Cvac. I think it's unlikely, but perhaps now that some patients have been in the trial for 15+ months, there could be compelling results worthy of publication. Time will tell.

Biotech companies don't tend to use conference presentations to announce bad news. I hope the trend continues.

Good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.005(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 30.5¢ 28.5¢ $469.8K 1.579M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 297652 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 7500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.