WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

smac is correct here and this topic was discussed in alot of...

1. 360 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    smac is correct here and this topic was discussed in alot of detail 2-3 months back in some other thread..

Scenario 2 is the most correct here, although we don't exactly know what the 4th product is yet and I don't believe it is any of the advanced packaging product..

What is interesting here is that Magnemasks (3rd product) is NOT Wave III (in fact wasn't a Wave of any number) and this was the first time the logical chain was broken.... until Magnemasks, product 1 (wand) was Wave I - despite being two physical end products .. product 2 (booster) was Wave II and the concept of Magnemasks was born after Wave I - 6 was established with P&G

This means it was essentially a bonus product that was created on the go and it also means now whatever product is launched next, or any in future, doesn't necessarily have to be part of the "Wave" product suite that we are used to anticipating...

Therefore product #4 whatever that is (and same logic for all additional products) could be:

- The Wave III product as per the original product schedule
    - One of the two advanced packaging products
    - An additional product created outside of the Waves term sheets (like Magnemasks or an extension/addition/alteration of the current Magnemasks suite)
    - Any other product that is ready to be launched outside of skin care (i.e. surface hygiene, mould, strips, vitamins etc.) <-- this last line is clearly unlikely as this point in time but there will come a time where something here makes an appearance

Product 4 and greater is guess-work at this stage, there could be a product 7 and 8 in the works and if for some reason there is a delay in 7 and 8 is launched ahead of 7 then to us this is forever known as the product 7) ..

The only thing 100% confirmed at this stage is both eye wands are considered to be the "first product" and "Wave I", the SK-II booster is the "second product" and "Wave II" and Magnemasks is the "third product" but not a Wave... you would think "product 4" will be "Wave III" and the integrated product for 2018 would be the "fifth product" and "Wave 4" but it's not confirmed at this stage...

There is also the option to change the color of the SK-II booster and pair it with an Olay cream for an additional product or a short stubbed Magnemasks booster with an SK-II product... but if we are consistent with the Eye Wand terminology that OBJ use in their announcements, then the hypothetical Olay booster would just be considered "Wave II and the second product", while the SK-II branded Magnemask booster with an SK-II cream, would be considered the third product and not a part of any Waves.

I'm not too fussed about the semantics, AS LONG AS OBJ are clear which product is satisfying which Wave or specifying if a product is not a part of a Wave (i.e. they didn't do this for Magnemasks like they should have and it caused all sorts of confusion).

The important thing about all the above is that it provides options for OBJ and P&G and they can easily re-brand an existing product and pair it with another cream for a different brand (and I'm still holding out for a 3rd skin care brand to be eventually introduced) and voila, another revenue stream of at least 300 or 500k is created with hardly any costs or effort involved from OBJ's perspective..

The scalability of OBJ is enormous given the relative lack of effort required imo and the more Waves, products and P&G brands that are introduced just provides a lot of pleasant options to explore for both parties.
    Last edited by born2reign: 13/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.