KGL 0.00% 9.9¢ kgl resources limited

agm, page-28

1. 14,088 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4066
    I recall plenty of negative posts about our consolidation when it was first announced.
    Many feared it would lead to a decline in the share price simply because that was the pattern that they had experienced.
    That's a fair enough conclusion.
    I am thinking it has become a self fulfilling prophecy.
    If enough of those traders decided to get out before the close today (last day of normal trading under the KGL code), then their fear of a drop after consolidation may have given us the drop before the consolidation.
    Perhaps they will be surprised to see the price advance post consolidation. It has already dropped around 20%.
    I have argued that its illogical that it should have any effect, but that's not the way mass psychology works, and that is why taking a contrarian view -when it makes sense to do so- can be so profitable.
    I am happy to have picked up stock at 12c and to have been mostly filled at 11.5c.

With regard to it being an advantage to be a 10c stock rather than a $1 stock because it offers more upside;
    First, I believe it makes no difference at all. The only thing that affects your upside potential is your potential earnings multiples.
    As I pointed out a while ago, I bought SLR months ago at $2.40, picked up some more near the 2.10 low, and then traded it all the way up to just under $3.90.
    That was a near doubling in 3 months while KGL as a 10c stock has not been able to move as much yet despite so much anticipated news.

If you ask me, in this market you will attract more investors as a $1 plus stock than you will as a 10c stock.
    Many investors stay away from spec stocks while they fear the market so being above $1 may be a big advantage just from a psychological point of view in attracting investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $64.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 9.9¢ 9.7¢ $5.285K 54.42K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 350 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 198784 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.19am 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.