FAR 0.00% 51.0¢ far limited

AGM, page-66

1. 4,929 Posts.
    Far from me telling you I told you so but I.............
    The truth is if the Senegal government were the slightest bit perturbed about the COP deal with WPL they would have stepped up immediately and said so and stopped the deal proceeding. The second part of this, is FAR should have moved earlier. Their reason being the govt has stated that this is not to go public. Remember CN words about Senegal govt being annoyed about WPL more particularly PC comments.
    The truth of matter is FAR were always looking to monetise their PE rights one way or the other. COP have shut down and refused to discuss further. Frankly so would any other company.
    So rather than FAR pushing for an injunction on the deal they relied on Senegal govt approval. The govt still has not formally announced approval but has said to FAR, the disputes has nothing to do with them. Explicitly COP/WPL correct on if there is no objection from govt then it's implied approval has been granted.
    Two things, this PE deal will not go ahead nor will it make arbitration. The second piece only makes me think that FAR had better relations with the sacked energy minister not the president. The president backed Total above FAR/CNOOC.
    Lastly I have to tell you I was very surprised about the social responsibility piece being the introduction for the presentation. It's odd, very odd indeed. I can rationalise this now by FAR wanting to make a point that all is ok with SNE govt. BUT are relations really as good as what we've been told. My take is there are others that will beat us to punch. All imho.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $47.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 92577 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 101000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.16pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.