AVR 1.08% $13.14 anteris technologies ltd

I can't argue with the idea that CEO's should have skin in the...

1. 16,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2408
    I can't argue with the idea that CEO's should have skin in the game, and WP no doubt does through performance related bonuses, although I don't know how many. It'll be in the Annual Report.

Yes insider buying does signal confidence, but so does demonstrating competence and improving revenues, profitability and having a good growth plan.

AHZ has a reasonable number of irons in the fire most of which have a decent chance of being very successful. The vaccine business is a bit more risky, but bear in mind WP inherited the position and the problems at a time when the company was failing. It looks to me like the sales revenue is increasing with products that are competitive, they are in charge of their own product development, sales and marketing and can therefore control costs if they have to.

Posters can also put their money where their mouth is. I don't mind admitting I'm in the red since I bought a substantial amount in the couple of months prior to the cap raising, and I also supported the cap raising. I have intentions to keep cautiously buying on the basis of the information from the AGM. When I was a shareholder before I was hoping the vaccine R&D might strike gold, but it looks to me like the combination of the infusion products and Adapt technology is now a reasonably good foundation for a solidly growing business.

Honestly, I think its time to assess the company on it's current product line and growth potential, and its turn around in performance over the past two years and move on from the past decline and losses. Before the losses were out of control, and the costs to the shareholders in terms of the the company's postition had occurred earlier than was indicated by the share price - the share price commonly lags the actual "value" of the company.

As for WP saying there wouldn't be another cap raising, he did, but like all promises it was conditional on the foreseeable circumstances. Every day people use the words "always" and "never" without really understanding the inaccuracy or fallibility. Winston Churchill famously said that at some time in the future he may hold the completely opposite view to the one he was currently arguing.

"If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time."
    -- Steve Jobs
    Last edited by whytee: 31/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.14
Change
0.140(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $277.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.20 $13.50 $13.14 $559.5K 42.05K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1180 $13.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.35 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.