STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

Skin and permeability are not the same thing. Permeability is a...

1. 6,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2496
    Skin and permeability are not the same thing. Permeability is a reservoir property, skin is a wellbore property.

And the water rates have already dropped to 700ish despite BHP being very low and gas rates still being low too. If skin and permeability were constant I would expect water rates to increase with drawdown, like GLL saw.

Regardless of what is going on down there the fact remains they are significantly behind their own forecast of a few months ago, which showed the low case gas rates of 500 mscfd for BHP of 600 ish psi.

Rising skin is one thing that would explain the reported behaviour. We'll just have to wait for more data and hope that gas rate continues upwards. There was quite a lot of leeway built into their forecast so they may still reach their commercial threshold.

As for the question about what that threshold is I'm not even going to try to guess. Too many uncertainties around costs and long term well performance. Even a major gas company with a team of commercial analysts would be essentially throwing darts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.