LBL 1.39% 71.0¢ laserbond limited

Overall it was a good turn out all of about 25 people as some...

1. 33,559 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1754
    Overall it was a good turn out all of about 25 people as some new investors turned up , seems smaller retail holders are now making up a bigger % of the shares on issue which one investor mentioned is a good thing as they will add to the liquidity of the stock .
    In the meeting One investor questioned why the company was seeking to have the right via one of the votes to increase the shares on issue by 10% (think it was 10 %) without going to investors for approval , he was explained the reason and I noticed he put his hand up for the motion to be approved and the auditor there piped in and said the company always asked for that right but to date had never used the right.
    The issue of the company having most of its revenue from 2 customers was brought up, the auditor commented this was an improvement on previously where there was only 1 major customer and the company was increasingly seeking to diversify its customer base .
    Another possible sales product is a piston/piston plating for hydraulic rams that uses an LBL product instead of the standard chrome plating There is an environmental benefit with the LBL product as Chrome when produced/refined can have carcinogen waste
    My guess is this could be a very large market , given public opinion (Erin Brockovich ) would be on the side of LBL
    Wayne Hooper then explained the charts and KPIs in the annual report with some added commentary on small points like the decrease in carrying value of inventory of a previous year. He also explained the Annual report photo of red hot steel ingots in a steel mill being transported over rollers . Greg Hooper mentioned the rollers needed to be replaced every few weeks , and the LBL rollers lasted up to 4 or 5 times as long as the standard ones with potential market in the USA which is about 10 times the size of Australia , where his brother is going in the next week . An investor and his wife were there who previously worked as a Chemical Engineer and had strong links to India and had worked for TARTA steel in his youth and mentioned tarta in India may be interested in the technology .

There was a factory tour after the meeting as usual that several investors commented on was a great way to finish the event .

I had hoped for some fruit in the refreshments as previously they had done that as Greg Hooper kept on commenting on there was still a lot of low hanging fruit that can be picked . Getting the right labor has been an issue for the company , especially to work the 3 to 11 pm shift to prevent a bottle neck on the milling machines they seem confident they have now solved the issue with more people now employed in that shift with further labor unit increases forecasted.

It is obvious the directors are syncing with each other like the cogs in a Swiss watch

Hopefully the company will put out at the very least a transcript of the meeting as I feel very unqualified to comment and post this with that reservation .

Your Hubby missed out on a LBL embossed pen

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LBL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $82.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.0¢ 72.0¢ 71.0¢ $21.55K 30.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 176856 70.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
72.0¢ 90603 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LBL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.